Updated at: 2022/11/10
The Association for Regional Development and Mental Health - EPAPSY is a mental health actor, which operates in the field of psychosocial rehabilitation and mental health promotion. Since March 2018 EPAPSY collaborates with UNHCR in order to provide mental health and psychosocial support services to refugees/asylum-seekers.
From the beginning of the covid-19 pandemic, EPAPSY, in collaboration with UNHCR, runs a psychosocial support helpline, in order to provide immediate psychosocial assistance and to gurantee the access of refugees and asylum seekers on public and private services. The helpline is operated by the Community Psychosocial Workforce (CPW) which consists of trained refugees and asylum seekers who provide peer support. The helpline is available in Arabic, French and Farsi from Monday to Friday from 11:00 to 19:00 and in Ukrainian/Russian from Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:00.
- For support in Arabic and French, please call 6936514113
- For support in Farsi, please call 6936514120
- For support in Ukrainian/Russian, please call 6936514117
These mobile phone numbers are available – besides calling – for sending written or voice messages via the messaging applications WhatsApp & Viber, with the possibility to call you back.
The program is implemented in partnership with UNHCR, co-funded by the European Union.
1. Psychosocial support
2. Information about Covid-19 (according to new measures and government announcements on Covid-19)
3. Liaison with existing Protection services in Attica and Thessaloniki
4. Emergency referrals to specialists or public authorities
5. Links to supportive community and NGO networks
For further information about the Helpline, please contact with Mrs Sofia Gioftsidou: e-mail: email@example.com Tel.: 6932415956 or click here (Greek and English site).
- This service is closed on public holidays: YES
- Is an appointment required: NO
- Is anyone on your team able to communicate in sign language: NO