The procedure for applying for a master's degree, the periods of application and the qualifications needed are different for each program. The same goes for documents required for the applications with some similarities in terms of id, university diploma recognition, language certificates or related working experience. There is always an interview process by the committee of the program to ascertain the academic experience, performance, and interests of the candidates.
If you are interested in a particular university department, you can first visit their website to check the master provided and their entry requirements and then, if needed, contact the department to learn more about how to apply. Tuition fees will probably be between €1,500 and €4,500 per year. But there is always the option of applying for a scholarship.
Study in Greece is Greece’s national agency for the internationalization of Higher Education, the promotion of Greek universities and international student services. Backed by four Ministries of Greece: Education and Religious Affairs, Foreign Affairs, Culture and Sports, and Tourism, SiG is fully supported by the Greek State. Study in Greece portal has everything an international student needs to know about studying and living in Greece, including study options, cultural activities and day-to-day practicalities. Contact: Facebook
Regarding PhD programs, you can find announcements on each university's website. There is also the website of the Dimokritio University of Thrace that posts PhD programs for Greece and abroad, as well as positions for PhD graduates in Greek universities. You can find more information here and here.
Private universities and scholarships for bachelor and masters
Deree College has provided full or partial scholarships for bachelors, mainly to asylum seekers and refugees since 2017. Qualified applicants can apply on their website. https://www.acg.edu
- High school certificate or University degree (if available).
- English language C1 level is mandatory.
- Personal statement - why the student is interested in this program.
- Recommendation letter - from the teacher, supervisor, and social worker.
- ID/ residence permit.
- You can apply online via the following link.
- The scholarships are for undergraduate programs (bachelor's) and for master's degrees (for university degree holders).
- The academic year starts in September.
- For information about the programs and admissions, you can visit this website.
Alba Business School
Alba Business School offers 2 (maybe more if an exceptional student applies) full scholarships every year to refugees. The scholarships are only for master's degrees. Interested parties need to apply via the online application form and pay the 60-euro application fee for their application to be processed. If the applicant is Backa refugee, he/she will be exempted from the fee. For more information about their programs, you can visit their website.
- C1 level of English is mandatory
- Bachelor's degree translated (transcript of records if available).
- CV in English.
- 2 letters of recommendation.
- All classes are in vivo, except for the MNC in Tourism, which is mostly online (still, some classes are in vivo).
- There is a location criterion for Ukrainians, as only refugees from war-struck areas will be considered.
Webster University offers half scholarships (50%) for bachelor's & master’s degrees and flexible payment arrangements. All of their programs are hybrid (in vivo & online) so that students from all over the country can participate. In case you have left unfinished a bachelor program in your country, you can transfer your credits and continue your studies to the equivalent program of Webster (if there is equivalence). You can apply through their website.
- High school degree with the transcript of records for the last class.
- Bachelor's degree with a transcript of records for all years of studies.
- CV and motivational letter.
- ID that proves the refugee status.
- C1 level of English (B2 minimum).
- Prove of English language knowledge (desired).