Updated at: 2023/02/02
Medical Volunteers International (MVI) provide their services across social centers, camp locations, and street outreach, 6 days per week.
- 3 long-term coordinators (1 medical, 2 logistical/admin), 1 long-term project officer (case-working support)
- 8 volunteer medical staff (short/medium term: senior/junior doctors, nurses, medical students)
- A team of interpreters from within the refugee community (Farsi/Dari, Arabic, French, Lingala, Pashto, Portuguese, Spanish, English, Greek)
Our work is within 2 lines of action:
1st line: Primary healthcare
- Primary healthcare (acute cases)
- Outreach work
- Management of medical cases
- Health education/promotion trainings (groups of up to 6 people), both to organizations and actors on the ground, and the refugee community (vaccination, first aid, sex education, etc.)
- Emergency response
2nd line: Referrals
referral to the Greek public healthcare system through appointment booking.
referral to other actors:
- to organizations that offer support for chronic cases;
- to dental work, specialists (gynecology, cardiology, pediatric, ophthalmology, etc.), psychological & psychiatric support;
- We connect the patients to other organizations that provide legal & asylum support, accommodation support, social work, food/NFI distribution, etc.
To access the service
An appointment is required for all services. Patients must send a WhatsApp message to our tele-triage system through the number +30 694 748 6324 with their current medical complaint and a picture of their asylum applicant card/ID if available; otherwise, their full name, father’s name, date of birth.
We don't take calls, the patients must text by WhatsApp, Monday to Friday 10 am - 6 pm. It might take a few days to hear back from us. Please wait for our answer, do not text again or your message will go to the end of the queue.
Languages spoken: Farsi/Dari, Arabic, French, Lingala, Pashto, Portuguese, Spanish, English, Greek
The location of the appointment will be sent to the patients through WhatsApp once an appointment is made.
Monday open from 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM
Tuesday open from 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM
Wednesday open from 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM
Thursday open from 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM
Friday open from 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM